What do we do for our young golfers?
Develop participation and performance across the complete age group range with a specific focus on
- Providing appropriate competitive opportunities
- Developing golfing skills through to a national level of performance
- Growing understanding and respect for the game
- Facilitating a sense of individual and shared achievement from representing successful Essex teams
Our County Coaching programme is designed to reflect the phases of a child's socialisation into the sport of golf. Each phase has distinct coaching and participation goals, as outlined below.
U12 – Participation
Engagement in a fun and exciting activity
- Enjoy an appropriate mix of competition and coaching
- Become engaged by golf, but as part of a wider sports experience
- Learn basic golfing skills, how to set goals and measure progress
- Begin the transition to the more performance focused U13 to U16 groups
U12 – U16 – Development
Learning the skills to achieve success
- Prepare tactically and intelligently
- Possess exceptional short game skills
- Learn how to manage emotions
- Experience increased autonomy and responsibilityover own development
- Be supported in the transition from specialising to high quality investment
U18 – Performance
Delivering a performance when it counts
- Commit to attaining an elite level of performance in golf
- Be motivated by achieving excellence
- Understand how to manage a high intensity of training and competition
- Be able to deal with setbacks, fatigue, injury and time pressures
- Have in place a strong personal support network of coaches, S & C, and of course parents!
If you are interested in supporting Essex golf and would like to discuss how a partnership can benefit both parties please contact County Secretary Nick McEvoy on 01376 500998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.